Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bad Kitty

Does this thing look guilty to you?

It should.

This is Maxine. If you remember back a week or so, she was supposed to be named Doris. Well, we got her and she didn’t look much like a Doris. Must be because she didn’t have a lilac rinse in her hair and wasn’t wearing SAS shoes. She ended up as Maxine. That was my choice from the list of names I was given. I wasn’t given much to choose from - Lisa, Evelyn, and Susan were on it. Maxine was literally the best choice. That doesn’t say much. It should be known that Other has YET to take a cat to the vet and uncomfortably say its name when they ask. That might get some of these things named appropriate names like Fluffy and Bootsy.

So Miss Maxine has been living in my sun porch. I love this room. It was originally the front porch that stretched the width of the house, but it was enclosed and heated and air-conditioned in the 80’s. It seems a little trashy, but it’s a great place to hang out. I can’t wait to sit out here when it snows and enjoy the 180 degree view. Or when Maxine is on the outside of the door looking in.

Mrs. Roper went on and on about how sweet this kitty is. And she is indeed sweet. She failed to mention that she had only been kept in the house and that she was only about half grown. I can’t go shoving this kitty outside when it is in the single digits. So, Maxine is living in the porch until spring (and ONLY the front porch).

Although I am tickled with about any animal addition to the farm, I AM NOT an indoor pet person. I don’t want their fur places that I sleep or eat. With all of this space out here I am not sharing my home with an animal. I live in the country. It shouldn’t be my job to clean up poop unless I am shoveling it in a manure spreader. Maxine likes to poop, but I won’t be pulling the manure spreader up beside the house anytime soon.

Today while I was work Maxine thought it would be a good idea to climb onto my Christmas cactus and see if she could tip over the stand it was on. She was successful. It also successfully broke the bottom off the pot and mashed all the leaves on one side of the lily next to it. It must have scared her pretty good because none of her toys had been touched - she must have spent the rest of the day in her bed. I didn’t tell her that my dead grandma is probably making a kitty voodoo doll of her right now with scraps of left over fabric. She was an exceptionally frugal lady who previously owned said cactus. Don’t piss off the German lady, even if she’s long since left this world.

Little Maxine will either LOVE or HATE her life when she gets to be an outside kitty. I can’t help but think she’s lonely during the day, but I wonder how she will like sharing her food bowl and taking care of her own safety. Good luck Maxine. Other will probably be in tears for days when I shove Maxine out with the toe of my muck boot. That’s not going to deter me, though. This cat gots to go!

While we are on the subject of animals, you should know the next post shall be about llamas. My take on these vile beasts and their infringement on my property is not to be missed…

No comments:

Post a Comment