Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It's in the air!

Excitement, that is.

I have so many presents coming via FedEx that I had to tell.  Yesterday I ordered $700 worth of tractor parts for the loader tractor.  I am about 1/2 way through rebuilding the engine and needed all the internal parts.  Right now the empty shell is sitting in the shed awaiting the delivery.  It shouldn't take me more than a couple of really good day's work to get her back together.  I love getting engine parts and putting together an engine myself.  It feels good to know what's in there.  This is my first old tractor engine and I am shocked at how much easier it is than the air-cooled car engines I am used to.  Along the way I found out that the parts that were in there were pretty rare.  Too bad they are well used up!

I also got an email that the 10 Empress trees shipped out yesterday.  This weekend will be tree planting time!  There are several that need to be cut down to make way, so things will be fun!

We will also HAVE to mow this weekend.  We've had in the neighborhood of six inches of rain the last 48 hours and the grass is going nuts.  There is water setting everywhere around here.  I planned on hauling in dirt to fill in lots of low spots but that will have to wait several days.  Everyone around here knows just how effective those wheat truck tires are in the mud.  I don't need another log chain incident anytime soon.  Yesterday a crayfish walked across the road in front of me as I was coming home.  That's a sure sign that we've had plenty of rain lately!

Anyone bored to death this weekend can grab your shovel and your gloves - ya'll can help plant trees!

TJR

No comments:

Post a Comment